In the article, “pH Balance: Acids & Alkalis & Anti-Oxidants”, I thought it was so interesting that Lemons (which I always thought as acidic) are an EXTREMELY alkaline forming food along with Watermelons. Not surprisingly, coffee and other caffeinated foods are extremely acid forming foods. Overall, I feel with a balanced diet, you can still have some of the acid forming foods in moderation.
For example, if someone eats a lot of fish (which is moderately acid forming - pH 6.0 to 6.5), then a person should also include alkaline forming foods to the same meal ie a lemon dressing, seaweed, carrots, garlic, etc. This will help create a balance that your body can more properly handle (hypothetically).
I also found it interesting that egg about the differences in eggs. Egg yolks (soft cooked) are slightly an alkaline forming to neutral food. Egg whites are neutral with a pH of 7.0. While egg whole (cooked hard) has a pH of 6.5. I feel it reflects how important it is not only what we eat but HOW we prepare it.
Comments
Post a Comment