Week 5 - pH Balance: Acids & Alkalis & Anti-Oxidants: Class Discussion

In class we also talked about if there is a difference between making your own products vs buying them. Although some items are on the acid forming foods list, if yogurt, for example was made at home instead of store bought, would the pH of the food change enough to make a difference? I for sure think there would be a difference but not sure if it would be a drastic enough difference to change the pH of the product. 


I also would like to add that I found it interesting that in this article that there are activities that are related the pH level of each food. For example, Alkaline Forming Foods have an activity that includes meditation, prayer, peace, kindness, and love. While acid forming foods have an activity of overwork, anger, fear, jealousy, and stress. Although the activities seems like total opposite, I wonder if they can really be categorized in such extremes especially because although some foods cause acidity, I don't feel they are completely bad for the body.

Comments